Chattanooga Car Accident Lawyers and Attorneys
According to the Centers for Disease Control in a single year alone, as many as 2.5 million Americans will end up in the emergency room and another 200,000 will be hospitalized for their car accident injuries. Car crashes are highly preventable. Many accidents occur because of the neglect or negligence of one or both drivers involved. As more people use cell phones, the risk of distracted driving is increasing. Some individuals make the deadly choice to drink and drive, endangering everyone else on the road. Yet others speed or break the law, putting other drivers and their passengers at risk. If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to seek a recovery to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. The legal professionals at Elizabeth Greer Adams Law Group are Chattanooga car accident attorneys who can help you and your family seek the justice you may deserve.
Causes of Car Accidents in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Every day, countless lives are changed forever because of the neglect or negligence of a person behind the wheel. The vast majority of car accidents are due to human error. This means that most car accidents could have been prevented with a little extra care and precaution. What are some common causes of car accidents?
- Distracted driving: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 3,477 people were killed due to distracted driving in 2015, and another 391,000 were injured due to distracted driving. The most dangerous kind of distracted driving is texting and driving. In the time it takes to send a single text, a person’s eyes can be off the road for as long as five seconds. In this period of time, a person can travel the length of a football field. Researchers have found that cell phone use can be compulsive. It can be very difficult to resist the urge to pick up the phone. Yet, the consequences are immense. Individuals may suffer serious injuries, including life-altering spinal cord or traumatic brain injuries. If you believe distracted driving may have played a role in your accident, contact Elizabeth Greer Adams Law Group, auto accident lawyers in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Our firm fights to hold individuals accountable, sending a strong message to the community that distracted driving has serious consequences.
- Speeding. Speed kills. The faster a person drives, the longer it takes to react to any problem that can arise. Speeding where there are pedestrians or bikers can be particularly deadly. If you were in an accident where the other driver may have been speeding, you may have important rights under the law.
- Drunk driving. Drinking affects a person’s ability to make sound judgments. In some instances, a person can be legally drunk after just two drinks. Driving drunk not only endangers your own life but also the lives of everyone around you. Not only is drunk driving a criminal offense, it is also an offense where individuals can be held personally liable for their actions. Victims of drunk drivers may be entitled to seek compensation to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
- Breaking the laws of the road. Running red lights, not stopping at stop signs, changing lanes without signaling, or otherwise showing a disregard for the rules of the road can result in serious accidents. If you’ve been in a crash where the other driver broke the law, you may be entitled to seek damages.
The legal professionals at Elizabeth Greer Adams Law Group are car accident lawyers in Chattanooga, Tennessee who see firsthand how car accidents can impact lives. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery for your injuries under the law. Contact our firm today to learn more about your rights and options.
Common Injuries Sustained in Auto Accidents
Car accidents can result in serious injuries for those involved. Some of these injuries can be life-altering and costly. According to the CDC, crash injuries cost $18 billion in lifetime medical expenses. Many families struggle to make ends meet after an accident. What are some common car accident injuries and their costs?
- Spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injury can cost victims and their families millions to treat. Because the impact of spinal cord injury is lifelong, families may not be aware of the long-term costs at the outset. The long-term costs of care can far exceed what the typical family earns in a year. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury in an auto accident, contact the Elizabeth Greer Adams Law Group, car accident lawyers in Chattanooga, TN.
- Traumatic brain injury. Traumatic brain injury can impact a person for life. The severity of the injury will affect recovery. However, early quality treatment can significantly improve a person’s outcome. If your loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, you may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical expenses and rehabilitation services. Traumatic brain injury can also be mild. In some instances, these injuries are not discovered until days, weeks, or months have passed. If your loved one has experienced memory changes, mood changes, or has had trouble sleeping, it may be a good idea to seek medical care as soon as possible.
- Internal injuries. The trauma of a car accident can result in a multitude of internal injuries. Individuals may suffer broken bones, internal bleeding, and other serious complications.
The injuries that accompany a car accident can sometimes be very serious and life-altering. These injuries can impact a person’s ability to work, care for family, or enjoy regular life activities. If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, you may want to speak to the auto accident lawyers at the Elizabeth Greer Adams Law Group in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We can evaluate the value of your claim and fight for your rights either inside or outside of court.