Thomas A. Greer Jr.
(423) 949-3621 (Dunlap)
(423) 775-3621 (Dayton)
fax: (423) 949-2021
contact: Contact Me
Thomas A. Greer, Jr. is of counsel of the law firm. Mr. Greer was a fierce civil and criminal litigator from 1947 to 1970, when he was appointed to the trial bench. He then served as a Circuit Judge from December 1970 to January 1994, when he retired. Since retiring from his position as Circuit Judge of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit in 1994, Mr. Greer has enjoyed a limited practice law in various legal areas as well as doing pro bono work.
His vast experience as a trial lawyer and a trial judge has given him an unsurpassed amount of experience as an attorney.
In 1953, he was appointed County Judge, the youngest appointed in the history of Tennessee at the time.
Mr. Greer is a World War II veteran. He is actively involved in many civic organizations and has been a leader and teacher in his church for fifty years.
- Tennessee, 1947
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Cumberland School of Law, 1947
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Tennessee Trial Judge’s Association
- Founding Member, First President
- Tennessee Judicial Counsel
- Former Member
- Tennessee Judicial Conference
- Tennesse Association for Justice
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Lions Club International
- 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason
Past Employment Positions:
- Twelfth Judicial District, Circuit Judge, 1970 – 1994
- Sequatchie County, County Judge, 1953 – 1970